Thursday, August 16, 2007

"Our Missionaries Are Going Forth..."


Howdy!

I've been having a great time at the MTC. While I have my struggles from day to day, Im praying and working to keep my mind on the gospel. My companion is Elder Shewe from Burma. His English isn't too good but I can tell that he is really trying to learn and understand. His understanding of gospel doctrine is severely limited so I'm trying to help him gain a better understanding of the basics. But, it gets frustrating at times. I'm in the Mosiah district, which is the foreign district. They are all from India and they are really great. Most of them, including Elder Shewe, have only been members for a little over a year, but their faith is so strong. Elder Yapa Gopal is one of them and he really inspires me. He strives to learn and study and his faith and love of the Savior and the gospel is unwavering. We just went to the temple today and performed the endowment for a number of missionaries. The Spirit was really strong. Yapa Gopal is one of them and he really inspires me. He strives to learn and study and his faith and love of the Savior and the gospel is unwavering. We just went to the temple today and performed the endowment for a number of missionaries. The Spirit was really strong.

It's been fun but also tiring learning more about the gospel. It's pretty intensive and the teachers can be pretty strict at times. But, we also have our fun. Our district loves to sing, so we we take every opportunity to do that. There are two sisters in our district, one from Thailand and the other from Micronesia. Sister Yuangnun from Thailand can't speak English. She can only understand a little bit, but she is really learning through the Spirit. Sister Tinngig is great! She has an amazing love for the gospel and is often emotional about it. I can see in her eyes the absolute love that she has for the gospel. My faith and testimony is slowing building with these great people surrounding me. The food is something that I definitely won't miss. The missionaries in my district and I aren't used to having just fish and rice with no sauce whatsoever. We get too much fish. But, the cooking staff is making an effort to accommodate our preferences. got eggs along with our rice for dinner! The Filipinos are really nice and fun to be around. The MTC President and his wife are also really great. Sister Smith is so nice and sweet. Whenever she talks to us, the Spirit fills the whole room.

I'm going to see if I can be sealed for Grandma and Grandpa Chua. I hope that will work out. I'm learning to love the gospel more and love the Savior so much the more for his atoning sacrifice. Obedience really does help and the work is easier if we just listen.

I'll be going to Singapore before I'm posted to Malaysia. But I don't know how long I'll be back in Singapore for. We can't listen to music so I'm going a little crazy, but other than that it's ok. I know that Jesus is our Savior and I love him so much for it.


No comments: