Thursday, August 23, 2007

Eternal Families!

Hi Everyone!

It's been a good week. I'm really gaining a testimony of the Lord and of his sacrifice and the restoration of the gospel. First things first, Grandpa and Grandpa Chua were sealed today! I was proxy for Grandpa and Sister Smith, the MTC president's wife, acted as proxy for Grandma. It was such a special experience. Elder Yapa Gopal, one of the missionaries whom I'm really close to, was sealed to his family, and he acted as proxy for his father when his parents were sealed. Oh, the Spirit was so strong in that sealing room. I also went through two more endowment sessions.

The day before yesterday, we were able to go across to the temple and teach people there about the plan of salvation. It was a little awkward at first, but, oh how sweet it was when we got into the work! I taught the section on the atonement of Christ. That was the first time I've truly understood it! We can't comprehend it, but we sure can understand the love that our Savior has for us! The feeling I had inside was amazing, and I truly felt the love that my Savior has for me. I talked to Brother Orlando there who plans transportation for visiting groups so I told him about the first ward visit that's coming up over Thanksgiving.

My MTC teachers are really great. My two favorite teachers are Brother Cardino and Brother Lozano. We have a rowdy district but they are really nice and patient. They truly show us the Christlike love that each of us should have within us. The kitchen staff is treating our district really well. They know we don't like fish so they cook curry and other dishes specially for us. Elder Shewe, my companion, is growing in the gospel but it still gets frustrating at times because his English is bad and he doesn't understand much. His knowledge of the gospel is severely limited too. I'm learning to be more patient.



















We've watched a few videos here, two of which I've already watched, The Restoration and The Testaments. When I watched The Testaments this time, I really felt the Spirit. It's wonderful being surrounded by people who are so eager to serve the Lord. I am proud to wear my name tag each day. It's wonderful being surrounded by people who are so eager to serve the Lord. I am proud to wear my name tag each day. As much as I love the MTC, I can't wait to get out into the field. The other video that I really loved was a devotional that Elder Bednar gave on becoming a missionary. He said that there are many people who serve missions but never become missionaries. We are on a higher plane as we serve the Lord. I hope that you young men will prepare to serve a mission worthily. Know that the Lord loves you and wants you to serve Him. Trust Him and not in the arm of flesh. Another thing that Elder Bednar talked about was about how we should go home at the end of our missions but never leave the mission field. We also learnt about retaining new converts. I've come to realize how important that is.

Take care and God bless!

No comments: